Saturday, March 22, 2008

#20 x2 #21


My husband and I shared this bento of maki sushi. This was my first time making these. The mama-san at school gave something similar to my husband at Christmas. I recreated it base on a photo I had taken. They have egg, a lettuce leaf, tuna with mayo, asparagus, and crab meat.


D Man got a maki roll, strawberries, and a salad. He ate everything but the lettuce.


I was babysitting for a friend today. Her little girl goes to Japanese preschool and Thursday was a national holiday with no school. We went to story time and had these bentos after. L (the girl) saw me making Little Bits sandwich shaped like girls and asked for one too. She was crestfallen when I told her I had already made her sandwich until I showed her the butterfly. The sandwiches are plain ham. Also included are strawberries, star and moon apples colored with food dye, little pick to help eat the apples, small cheeses, and Little Bit has quartered cherry tomatoes. L was very excited about her bento saying her mom never makes her cute bento, because she is to slow an eater.

1 comment:

Karla said...

Did you do the apples and stars?

You need to start posting recipes!

Oh is $5 US for a package of nori expensive or not? I finally found some this weekend!@