Thursday, January 10, 2008

Bento #1 and #2

This year I want to create bentos for my family. I live in Japan and have seen many beautiful bentos made by caring mothers when my son attended preschool.

This is for my daughter "Little Bit". She is two years old. It has three cherry tomatoes, quartered, three-fourths of a clementine, 4 onigiri cubes of rice mixed with furikake, and edamame on heart picks.These are all her favorite foods and she left nothing in the box.

I made this for my son, "D Man". He is in second grade and loves all Japanese foods. He has a two tier box from the 100 yen store. In the bottom is plain rice with a packet of furikake in the lid to add. The top layer has a clementine with a strawberry in the middle, edamame on the flower picks, a green salad with shredded diakon (white radish) and in the container is sesame dressing. The orange cup has gel to be frozen and holds milk.

Of course being new to taking his own lunch he forgot to bring it home today.

No comments: